Lenox Health Greenwich Village represents a new era of health care – focused on convenience, the latest technology and service to the community. Unlike a typical urgent care center, we provide 24/7 emergency care to the entire community. Our approach is designed to enhance patient convenience and access to emergency care that is uniquely efficient and accessible.
Our freestanding emergency department, which is a division of Lenox Hill Hospital, provides round-the-clock access to physicians and nursing staff who are board certified in emergency medicine. We can handle any medical emergency that a traditional, hospital-based ER might treat. Lenox Health Greenwich Village serves everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
Lenox Health Greenwich Village offers:
- 24 hour-a-day care, 7 days a week
- Limited wait time
- Board-certified emergency medicine staff
- 26 single patient rooms for safety, comfort and privacy
- Bedside imaging equipment for rapid diagnosis
- Bedside tablets for medical consults and speaking with loved ones
- On-site lab and radiology facilities for rapid results
- Sexual assault forensic examiner (SAFE) available 24 hours a day
- Emergency transport to hospitals within the New York metropolitan area for patients requiring hospital admission
- A patient services center for blood collection services - if someone has a prescription to get their blood drawn, they can come to Lenox Health Greenwich Village without an appointment
- Outpatient imaging center with a full spectrum of radiology services
Backed by Northwell Health
The emergency department at Lenox Health Greenwich Village may not be physically located within a hospital, but it is a vital program of one of the largest healthcare systems in New York state. This means the resources and knowledge of our vast clinical network (including 19 hospitals, more than 2,600 full-time physicians and 9,400 affiliated practitioners) support every single patient we treat.
The Lenox Health Greenwich Village experience: your care, your doctor, your choice
When you arrive at the Lenox Health Greenwich Village emergency department, you will be met by a nurse and emergency department associates to begin your registration and triage process simultaneously – so you don't have to repeat yourself. Our patient-centered culture ensures that you will be heard and helped quickly.
After you've been brought back to one of our 26 private beds you will be seen by a board certified emergency medicine physician. Our doctors will work with you and your personal physicians to develop a plan of care for you upon leaving the emergency department. The transfer of care between our physicians and your personal doctors will be seamless, without you having to worry about updating your doctor on the care you received at the Lenox Health Greenwich Village. Patients who are seen at Lenox Health Greenwich Village and need to be hospitalized will be transferred to the hospital of their choice within the New York metropolitan area.
Northwell Health Imaging at Greenwich Village
At Lenox Health Greenwich Village, we continue to develop new and improved ways to deliver healthcare to you and your family. Our state-of-the-art outpatient imaging center merges innovation and compassion to give you and your family fast, accurate diagnoses when you need them most. Our outpatient imaging center utilizes the most advanced techniques and equipment available, including:
- Low dose CT
- Digital X-ray
- Comprehensive breast imaging services
- A full range of biopsy and therapeutic procedures
As the Lenox Health Greenwich Village grows, it will build on its commitment to community-based medicine by adding additional services, including:
- Medical offices (coming early 2017)
- Outpatient surgery suite offering the highest quality outpatient surgery technology and clinical care (coming early 2017)
- Conference room space available to the community (coming early 2017)
- Physical medicine & rehabilitation
- Health and wellness services