Katz Women's Hospital at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
New Hyde Park, New York 11040
Katz Women's Hospital was designed to help patients take advantage of all of the Northwell Health specialized women's services. This quality path of care includes programs in perinatal and obstetrics, gynecology, urogynecology, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, and pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
Northwell Health is committed to women’s health and family-centered care. The state-of-the-art facility at Katz Women's Hospital reflects the heart of that commitment, as well as dedication to service, comfort and the highest standards of quality and care.
Services and features at Katz Women's Hospital at Long Island Jewish Medical Center include:
- Single mother and baby rooms
- Each room is equipped with private bathroom and shower (all ADA compliant), wireless internet, rocking chair, flat screen TV and overnight accommodations for significant other. Each is designed to provide for emergency equipment and couplet care.
- Special rooms for high-risk patients are also available.
- Respite Well Baby Newborn Nursery & Constant Observation Well Baby Newborn Nursery
- Diagnostic and treatment unit, which serves as an emergency department for pregnant women
- State of the art labor and delivery rooms
- Operating Rooms
- Childbirth education office and classroom
- Ambulatory lactation consultation services
- Retail store focusing on women’s and newborn products
- Women’s resource center
- Botanical garden
- Family lounge
- Patient and family classrooms
- Meditation room
We understand that there’s a lot to think about during this exciting time. That’s why we’re here to provide you with the information you need as you get closer to welcoming your little one.
General hospital information
Birth certificate information
When it comes to your baby's birth certificate, get the paperwork done ahead of time so you can focus on your new family in the hospital.
To fill out your Mother/Parent Worksheet now and bring the completed form with you to the hospital, download the form and instructions.
If applicable, you may also download and complete an additional paternity form.
Patient education materials
Check out other important information and forms before bringing baby home:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Putting your baby skin to skin
- Rooming with your healthy newborn
- Reasons to avoid supplementing your newborn’s diet with formula
- A parent’s guide to safe sleep
- DTaP vaccine
- Influenza (flu) vaccine
- Breastfeeding mothers’ bill of rights
- Patients’ bill of rights
If you are unable to view the materials on our website, please contact your doctor for a printed copy of the information.