Geriatric Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital
Staten Island, New York 10309
The geriatric population is an important and growing part of our community, and the Division of Geriatric Medicine is dedicated to looking out for elderly people and their families. Our empathetic and relatable physicians are board certified in internal and geriatric medicine. Our certified social workers and our division's social services make sure your loved one gets all the help they need, whether they are paying with the help of insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
Staten Island University Hospital offers expertise in the assessment, care and ongoing management of conditions affecting the elderly and their caregivers:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic problems
- Comprehensive evaluations for Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders
- Health screenings for common problems found in the elderly, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart problems, osteoporosis, arthritis, memory loss, depression and confusion
- Evaluation of geriatric patient’s medications and their interactions
- Coordination of referrals for specialty services
Donna Seminara, MD, is Director of Geriatrics at Staten Island University Hospital. She is board certified in internal medicine and has added qualifications in geriatric medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Seminara is also a fellow of the American College of Physicians.