Gerald J. Friedman Transgender Health & Wellness Program
New York, New York 10022
The Gerald J. Friedman Transgender Health & Wellness Program of Lenox Hill Hospital provides comprehensive medical services for the specialized needs of the transgender and gender non-conforming community.
We offer trans-affirmative medical care in a safe, non-judgmental environment. Our clinicians and staff provide primary care and hormone replacement therapy for pediatric, adolescent and adult patients in need of services. We encourage an ongoing relationship between patients and providers to address health and wellness needs. Supporting the patient through transition in achieving a full and enriched life is our goal.
- Primary Care for patients who need a doctor or are looking to switch from present medical care. Patients will be able to have routine check-ups, immunizations and lab work, HIV/AIDs testing performed on site.
- Endocrine-Hormone Replacement Therapy offered for assessment and monitoring with providers experienced with transgender medicine and health care.
- Referrals for behavioral mental health assessments and care with therapists experienced with transgender/gender non-conforming patients.
- Social Work services available for patients in need of improving conditions regarding their personal welfare.
- Linkages with Community –Based Organizations to transgender related agencies for legal, housing, social, educational, esthetic support.
- Multidisciplinary medical care with specialists of the Northwell Health/Lenox Hill Hospital network of providers offering the latest advancements in treatments and services.
Patient Bill of Rights
Every patient has the right to receive treatment without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression or disability, in addition to other important rights.
Deeangelys Colon, Program Coordinator
Maria Paliou, M.D., Medical Director
Leonid Poretsky, M. D. Chief of the Endocrinology Division
Contact 212-434-3556 or [email protected]orthwell.edu for information and to schedule appointments.