The Garden City SurgiCenter is a freestanding, outpatient surgical facility providing a full range of eye procedures. Conveniently located near the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Garden City, we offer patients comprehensive surgical care in a comfortable, friendly, and safe environment.
As an ambulatory surgery center that focuses on ophthalmic procedures, our experienced and caring team provides exceptional attention for your ocular health. The center is comprised of a network of select ophthalmologists, ophthalmic anesthesiologists, and support staff specially trained in ophthalmology.
Garden City SurgiCenter is one of the busiest and most respected eye surgery centers in the area. Performing over 6,000 cases each year, we take the time to make sure our patients are receiving excellent service and the best possible care.
Our center was one of the first ambulatory surgical centers to open in New York State. For more than 25 years, we’ve provided exceptional care in a collaborative team environment. The center is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), signifying that personalized care and quality service is delivered to all of our patients.
Now part of Northwell Health, our patients receive the added benefit of access to thousands of specialists and specialty programs. As part of the health system’s ambulatory network, we have additional resources to ensure we are consistently offering patients quality eye care that is safe, efficient, and cost-effective.
Services & procedures
- Cataract surgery
- Corneal surgery
- Cosmetic & reconstructive eye surgery
- Glaucoma surgery
- Laser-assisted surgery
- Retinal surgery
- YAG and SLT laser procedures
Why choose us?
The Garden City SurgiCenter performs most major eye surgeries in our outpatient facility. Our center is at the forefront of technology, utilizing the most advanced surgical tools and laser systems to provide the best possible outcome to our patients. As an outpatient surgery center, there are several benefits to receiving care at the Garden City SurgiCenter, including:
The Garden City SurgiCenter is continually on the cutting edge of surgical care and research. We are actively involved in clinical research to develop new surgical devices and post-operative medications to improve patient outcomes and reduce post-operative complications. Our surgeons include a number of renowned eye surgeons who are leaders in the industry and active in training the next generation of ophthalmologist through the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell.
We only treat ophthalmic surgery patients. Because we offer such specialized services, we can meet the needs of patients effectively and efficiently with fewer complications and less wait time. The surgical team works closely with one another, often collaborating on cases to ensure patients are receiving the best possible care. Having worked intimately together for years, the physicians and staff have honed their services to provide seamless care from intake to surgery to discharge.
The staff at Garden City SurgiCenter is dedicated to ensuring patients are treated with respect and have a positive experience throughout the surgery process. All patients receive a pre-operation packet with information that is vital to having a successful surgery. This packet will also include medical clearance information. Three days before the surgery, patients are contacted to review the surgical plan with the center’s nursing staff. Patients are contacted again a day before the surgery to discuss payment options, review medical clearance and other medically vital information. All patients are contacted the business day after the surgery to ensure recovery is going smoothly.
Preparing for your procedure
- A nurse will call you one to three days prior to your procedure to give you an arrival time and specific pre-surgical instructions.
- The insurance department will call informing you of any co-payments, deductibles and/or other applicable charges for which you will be responsible.
- You must call your medical doctor to schedule an appointment for your medical clearance prior to your procedure date. Your medical clearance must be completed no more than 30 days before your scheduled procedure date. Your medical doctor must complete the History and Physical Form and fax it to (516) 832-1085 at least 5 days before your procedure date.
Night before your procedure
Do NOT eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your procedure including fluids, food, gum and candy. (This does not apply to laser patients.)
Day of your procedure
- Please expect to be at the surgery center for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Do not wear any make-up or jewelry on the day of your procedure.
- Leave all valuabales at home.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing, short sleeves are strongly recommended.
- Patients with hearing aids should wear them on the day of the procedure.
- The morning of your procedure, take any medications with a sip of water, as directed by your medical doctor and pre-operative phone call.
- An adult escort is required to be present on the day of your procedure from admission through discharge.
Please bring the following with you to your procedure:
- Insurance cards and photo ID
- Complete and bring all paperwork given to you by your surgeons office, including:
- Pre-anesthesia Survey form
- Medication Reconciliation form
Please fill out and send back the patient survey you will receive following your prodecure so we may use the valuable feedback you provide about your experience.