Emergency Department at Plainview Hospital
Plainview, New York 11803
The Emergency Medicine Department at Plainview Hospital, Long Island, NY, sees nearly 35,000 patients per year. As a community hospital, we care for all routine emergency and urgent care patients. Our facilities are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our Emergency Medicine Department provides many advanced programs to ensure that our patients receive state-of-the-art care for virtually any illness or injury:
- Stroke center certified by New York state – The Emergency Medicine Department at Plainview Hospital has the most advanced training, personnel and equipment to provide state-of-the-art care to patients suffering from ischemic strokes (the most common type) and hemorrhagic strokes. Receiving expert treatment for strokes can mean the difference between life and death.
- Plainview Hospital is one of eleven Northwell Health hospitals to receive the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Quality Achievement Awards. The awards recognize the hospitals' commitment and successes in implementing a higher standard of stroke care to ensure that stroke patients receive treatment in accordance with the latest evidence-based guidelines.
- Separate fast track unit – The fast track unit at Plainview Hospital's Emergency Medicine Department allows patients with minor illnesses or injuries to be treated rapidly in an environment appropriate to the severity of their illness. Open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., our four-bed unit is staffed by an attending emergency physician and emergency nurses, residents, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Family Practice Residency training site – We are a training site for our Family Practice Residency Program. We teach doctors studying to be family practitioners about the emergency care of all types of patients.
- Orthopedic Residency training site