Emergency Department at Lenox Hill Hospital
New York, New York 10075
The Emergency Medicine Department at Lenox Hill Hospital, Manhattan, NY, sees nearly 58,000 patients. As a full-service care center, we have the resources to care for the most complicated patients, as well as all routine emergency and urgent care patients. Our facilities are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Multi-million-dollar expansion and renovation
In 2003, Lenox Hill Hospital embarked on an ambitious campaign to thoroughly renovate and update the Emergency Department. After a multimillion-dollar fundraising campaign, the Anne and Isidore Falk Center for Emergency Care at Lenox Hill Hospital opened its doors in January 2007. The newly renovated Emergency Department has doubled in size and provides state-of-the-art care.
The new Emergency Department features:
- 100 percent more space for maximum privacy, comfort and efficiency
- 34 monitored beds
- Larger waiting area for families and loved ones
- Two entrances: one for walk-in patients and another for patients arriving by ambulance. Each entrance provides separate triage to expedite access to care
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitors
- State-of-the-art Allscripts ED electronic patient information system
- Bedside laboratory testing
- New digital radiography suite
- Bedside registration to speed access to care and enhance patient privacy
- Direct-to-room triage to enable immediate patient evaluation
Our renovated and expanded Emergency Medicine Department provides many advanced programs and resources to ensure that our patients get state-of-the-art care for virtually any illness or injury:
- Board-certified emergency physicians – Patients who come to Lenox Hill Hospital's Emergency Department are diagnosed and treated by board-certified emergency physicians, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Stroke Center certified by New York state – The Emergency Medicine Department at Lenox Hill Hospital has the most advanced training, personnel and equipment to provide state-of-the-art care. We provide exceptional care for patients suffering from ischemic strokes (the most common type) and hemorrhagic strokes. Receiving expert treatment for strokes can mean the difference between life and death.
- Lenox Hill Hospital is also one of few stroke centers to have the expertise to perform intravascular procedures including thrombolysis (clot removal through the arteries) for acute strokes.
- Our hospital was awarded the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association. This award recognizes the hospital’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of stroke care by ensuring that stroke patients receive treatment in accordance with the latest evidence-based guidelines.
- STEMI Center - Lenox Hill has a 24 hour cardiac catheterization lab and is a recognized STEMI (ST segment elevation myocardial infarction) Center and Post Cardiac Arrest Hypothermia Center.
- STEMI is more commonly known as a heart attack and is diagnosed by use of an ECG (electrocardiogram) test. Our staff is trained to treat such serious and potentially life threatening conditions.
- 911 receiving hospital – Our Emergency Department is a 911 receiving hospital for FDNY and voluntary ambulance services in New York City.