Cardiothoracic Surgery at Southside Hospital has expert heart physicians, the latest in surgical technology and advanced clinical services to provide you with exceptional cardiac care.
Focusing on treating the patient as a whole, the hospital offers the a full range of cardiac care, including:
- The latest in imaging and diagnostics
- Exclusive clinical trials
- Advanced and minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Cardiac rehab
We are dedicated to further improving the heart health for Suffolk County. Southside Hospital continually invests in novel research that transforms care; patient education programs; and the best clinicians and tools.
Southside Hospital has an expert staff of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, well-versed in the latest cardiac treatments.
As a member of the Northwell Health, Southside Hospital offers patients:
- State-of-the-art facilities – Hybrid operating rooms allow patients to receive traditional or minimally invasive surgical procedures and catheterization simultaneously. This feature reduces surgical time for patients. The operating room has been credited by state and national agencies for novel treatments that produce superior outcomes.
- The latest in heart surgery technology – Our robotic navigation system is designed to make the treatment of complex cardiac arrhythmias safe and effective. The system generates magnetic fields outside of a patient’s body to guide catheters through the delicate tissues and intricate paths of the cardiovascular system. This allows Southside Hospital’s surgeons the opportunity to navigate and treat a patient’s heart with minimized risks of serious complications.
- Advanced heart diagnostic procedures – We built a biplane angiographic unit that provides advanced diagnostic capabilities unavailable at nearby hospitals. Our fluoroscopic X-ray machine is capable of photographing the body’s circulatory dynamics from multiple angles. This technology reduces exposure to radiation and contrast dyes that may cause reactions after diagnostic procedures. This also provides a 3-dimensional view of the heart chambers and coronary arteries.
As part of Northwell Health, Southside Hospital has access to exclusive clinical trials and research and a network of expert physicians ready to personalize care for an individual.
Recognized for quality patient care and superior outcomes, Southside Hospital offers comprehensive heart care services that include valve repair and replacement, cardiac bypass and minimally invasive surgery.
Alan Hartman, MD
- Senior Vice President and Executive Director, Cardiothoracic Services,
Chair, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery,
Northwell Health and Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- view full profile
The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell offers a comprehensive curriculum of cardiac care disciplines and medical subspecialties including:
As a member of Northwell Health, Southside Hospital offers patients other health and wellness programs including:
- Cardiologists for ongoing care
- Smoking cessation
In addition to clinical offerings, Southside Hospital has a number of partnerships with organizations that provide peer-to-peer mentoring and support.