Cardiology at North Shore University Hospital offers patients comprehensive services for the heart that includes:
- Diagnostic testing
- Noninvasive imaging
Our clinical staff has the diverse knowledge and talent to treat a wide range of heart diseases and disorders. And when patients are well, we focus on delivering preventive care to maintain a constant and consistent state of well-being.
Why choose us?
- Patient-centered care – Every patient is unique, and our care team takes the time to create the exact plan of care you need. We also to make sure to include you and your family in making decisions during the treatment process.
- Quality – Our extensive research and education programs lead to cutting-edge advancements in heart care.
- Volume – We perform thousands of cardiac interventions and open-heart surgeries every year.
North Shore University Hospital continues a legacy of graduate medical education through its affiliation with the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell.
Our residency and fellowship opportunities provide future medical professionals with access to renowned clinical experts, world-class research and an array of professional opportunities. The medical school also offers a comprehensive curriculum of cardiac care disciplines and medical subspecialties.
Learn how residents and fellows develop their medical acumen at North Shore University Hospital with the following accredited programs:
Barry Michael Kaplan, MD
- Co-Director - Heart Hospital
- Chairman - Cardiology of Cardiology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Chairman - Cardiology of Cardiology, North Shore University Hospital
- Associate Professor,
- view full profile
North Shore University Hospital works with the Feinstein Institute to provide patients opportunities to participate in quality clinical research in order to advance the science of medicine and to have a major impact on healthcare delivery.