Breast surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital
New York, New York 10075
Lenox Hill Hospital offers diagnostic and treatment services for patients with benign breast conditions and breast cancer. The Breast Surgery section utilizes modern and advanced technologies to provide surgical and non-surgical treatment that minimizes the risk of post-surgical complications or the need for follow-up surgery.
The Breast Surgery team uses a multidisciplinary care approach. We have specialists in several disciplines to device an individualized care plan for each patient. We offer same day consultation with plastic surgeons for patients requiring reconstructive breast surgery. We also work closely with medical and radiation oncologists, physical therapists, social services, nursing staff and the referring physician to provide seamless care to the patient.
The Breast Surgery section at Lenox Hill offers:
- Contrast enhanced spectral mammography, breast ultrasound, MRI-guided breast biopsy and related services
- Breast cancer screening
- Surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and other treatments for breast cancer
- Patient education and cancer support services.
Why choose us?
The department is staffed with highly-trained physicians and nurses with expertise in the treatment of breast cancer and benign breast conditions. Our board-certified physicians have the clinical expertise and knowledge necessary to provide better outcomes. Patients continually choose us because:
- Cutting edge technology. Lenox Hill Hospital has invested in several diagnostic and treatment modalities to improve outcomes and patient satisfaction, including contrast enhanced spectral mammography that provides results comparable to an MRI or biopsy with less time and lower cost. We are also one of the first hospitals in the region to offer the MarginProbe device, which reduces the need for revision surgery. In addition to the MarginProbe, we provide intra-operative radiation therapy to select patients, potentially eliminating six weeks of radiation after surgery.
- Collaborative team. The breast surgeons at Lenox Hill Hospital work closely with other departments including the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to find news ways to improve patient health. In conjunction with the plastic surgery department, we now offer regular scans for lymphedema. We also have developed a new surgical technique to help women that have developed lymphedema.
- Individualized care. Each patient is different, so each treatment plan should be as well. We work with patients to provide a plan that works best for their medical needs. We help coordinate services like nutritional counseling, psychological counseling and physical therapy. We also work diligently to ensure patients receive care as soon as possible with some services available within 24 hours of the initial consultation. Our physicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions or concerns.