Brain Tumor Center at the Center for Advanced Medicine
Lake Success, New York 11042
With a focus on comprehensive, state-of-the-art treatment for benign and malignant tumors of the brain, from pre-operative evaluations through post-operative in-hospital management, the diagnostic and therapeutic experts at the Brain Tumor Center at the Center for Advanced Medicine part of — Northwell Health Cancer Institute and the Cushing Neuroscience Institute — take an individualized approach to each patient.
Patients receive consistent, coordinated care from distinguished specialists, including:
- Neurosurgeons - Surgeons who specializes in surgery of the central and peripheral nervous system.
- Neuro-oncologists - Physicians who are trained to diagnose and treat patients with brain tumors and other types of tumors of the nervous system.
- Neurologists - Physicians who specialize in the treatment of disorders of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
- Radiation oncologists - Physicians who treat cancer with radiation therapy.
- Neuroradiologists - Radiologists who specialize in the use of radioactive substances, x-rays and scanning devices for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the nervous system.
- Neuropathologists - Pathologists who specialize in the diagnosis of diseases of the brain and nervous system. They utilize microscopic examination of the tissue and other means.
- Neuropsychologists - Psychologists who specialize in the neurobiological causes of brain disorders and in treatment these illnesses with a medical approach.
The Brain Tumor Center fosters a unique collaboration between the departments of neurosurgery, neurology, medical oncology and radiation medicine. Clinicians and researchers actively collaborate on every case to develop personalized treatment options based on the specific characteristics of each patient’s tumor.