Since the Alumnae Association of Lenox Hill Hospital School of Nursing was established on June 3, 1899, it has been and continues to be an active association for the benefit of the graduates of the Lenox Hill Hospital School of Nursing.
Originally known as the German Hospital Training School for Nurses, the first graduating class in 1888 had only four students. Eighty five years and more than 3,000 graduates later, the Lenox Hill Hospital School of Nursing closed after "The Last of the Best" graduated in 1973.
The Alumnae Association is still active, with three Board of Directors meetings held each year on the second Monday of May, September and December. The annual meeting is in May and the Gala Luncheon is in October.
The association encourages alumnae to attend and participate in meetings to ensure the continuance of the Alumnae Association.
- Carol Hatzmann Knox '72 – President
- Lynn Nassauer Bonavita ‘73 - 1st Vice President
- Marion Wright '72 - 2nd Vice President
- Albert Landau, CPA - Executive Treasurer
- Carol Williams Clarke '68 - Assistant Treasurer and Editor of the ECHO
- Maureen Mullee Michon '72 - Recording Secretary
- Joan Kennedy Stout '52 - Corresponding Secretary
- Shelley Bernstein Wininger '72 - Director, 2015
- Denise Juergens Sample '72 - Director, 2015
- Bridie Collins Fergus '55 - Director, 2016
- Teresa Cotterall Lagana '72 - Director, 2016
We encourage alumnae to attend and participate in board meetings to assure the continuance of the association.
The new meeting dates for 2016 are:
- May 9
- September 12
- December 12
The Nurse's Aid board meets at 3 PM and the Nursing School Alumnae board meets at 4 PM in the Aron Board room.
The annual alumnae gala will take place on October 15, from 1pm- 5pm in the Einhorn Auditorium.
The Lenox Hill Hospital Nurses' Aid Society was established in 1910 for the benefit of the Lenox Hill Hospital School of Nursing graduates and any other nurse who has worked at Lenox Hill for at least five years. Interested parties can apply to join Lenox Hill Hospital Nurses' Aid Society with an initial application fee of $15.00 and annual dues of $10.00 per year thereafter. If a member is unable to work because of injury, surgery, or sickness, they can apply for financial assistance from the Lenox Hill Hospital Nurses' Aid Society. The application can be found here.
The Board of Directors meets three times a year on the second Monday of May, September, and the annual meeting is in December.
The meeting dates for 2015 are:
- May 11
- September 21
- December 14
All meetings take place at 3 p.m. in the Aron Boardroom.
Board of Directors for 2015
- Carol Knox – President
- Joan Stout - 1st. Vice President
- Lynn Nassauer Bonavita - 2nd Vice President
- Albert Landau - Secretary & Treasurer