Northwell Health takes the most advanced approach to treating medulloblastoma tumors at the renowned Brain Tumor Center, part of the Northwell Health Neuroscience Institute. Our pediatric neurosurgeons at Cohen Children’s Medical Center are particularly expert in the surgical treatment of this complex disease. Specialists at the institute have extensive training and experience applying the most advanced technology and research-backed therapies to treat brain tumors. From diagnosis through treatment and follow-up, we ensure patients are in the capable hands of some of the region's top brain tumor experts every step of the way.
Brain tumor specialists at the Brain Tumor Center offer leading-edge technology and innovative approaches to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment of medulloblastoma tumors. As one of the country's most progressive cancer centers for brain tumors, the Brain Tumor Center offers the most advanced treatments and services, including:
- Leading-edge surgical procedures, such as awake craniotomy, that avoid damage to critical areas of the brain
- Unique intra-operative magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI) that guides surgery and ensures superior precision
- Minimally invasive laser treatment - pioneering the treatment of brain tumors with lasers that are inserted through the smallest possible incisions with the highest accuracy
- GliaSite Radiation Therapy System (the Brain Tumor Center is one of the few facilities in New York state actively performing this procedure)
- Novalis® stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) that delivers precise radiation beam shaping that targets tumors and protects healthy cells
- Advanced chemotherapy treatment options