Erez Z. Nossek, MD
Lenox Hill Hospital
Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Erez Nossek, MD, a cerebrovascular and endovascular neurosurgeon with clinical interests in stroke, brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, subarachnoid hemorrhage, cavernous malformations, carotid artery stenosis, and intracranial stenosis, has joined Lenox Hill hospital as an assistant Professor Neurosurgery.
Dr. Nossek received his medical degree from Ben Gurion Medical Center, Israel. He completed his residency program in Neurological Surgery from the Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel. He then proceeded with two fellowship program. First, training in Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery from North Shore University Hospital, followed by NYU Langone Neuro-interventional Radiology fellowship.
Dr. Nossek has published multiple peer-reviewed publications as well as multiple book chapters. He also serves as a reviewer for peer review journals.
Dr. Nossek also serves as the director of Vascular neurosurgery at Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
Dr. Nossek’s research interests focus on flow diversion for treating brain aneurysms, innovation, and techniques for cranial bypass surgery, rearrangement of flow in the cerebrovasculature as well as patient safety and outcome studies.
- World Neurosurgery. Official journal of the world federation of Neurological Societies. Elsevier.
- Operative Neurosurgery Journal.
- Journal Neurointerventional Surgery.
- Journal of Current Ophthalmology
- European journal of surgical oncology. Official journal of the European Society of Surgical Oncology. Elsevier
- Brain aneurysms
- Brain arteriovenous malformations
- Brain cavernous malformations
- Dural Arteriovenous fistula
- Cerebrovascular ischemic disease
- Moyamoya disease
- Carotid stenosis
- Intracranial atherosclerosis
- Spinal vascular disease
- Tumor embolization
- Cerebral bypass techniques and innovations
- Flow diversion for brain aneurysm as well as surgical results and patient outcome
Books & Book Chapters
- Nossek E., Margalit N. The Fronto-Temporal (Pterional) surgical approach. Surgical Atlas of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Jaypee (St Loius, USA), 2012.
- Nossek E, Jonas Kimchi T. Amyloidosis. Imaging in Neurodegenerative disorders. Oxford University Press. (New York, USA), 2013.
- Desousa K., Nossek E., Potts M.B., Riina H. Whom I stent ? In book: Controversies in Vascular Neurosurgery. Springer (New York, USA), 2016.
- Nossek E. , Kronenburg A., Langer D. Combined Direct (STA-MCA) and Indirect (EDAS) EC-IC Bypass. In Book: Surgical Techniques in Moyamoya Vasculopathy. Submitted to Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd., 2017.
- Nossek E, Dehdashti A.R. Cerebral revascularization options at the cranio-vertebral junction. Springer.