Endocrinology is the branch of medicine dealing with a complex group of glands and hormones, their receptors, pathways and the endocrine diseases and disorders associated with those hormones. An endocrinologist is a doctor specifically trained to diagnose and treat hormone imbalance, endocrine diseases and endocrine disorders.
The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism is staffed by recognized leaders in clinical endocrinology who are affiliated with the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. The division offers inpatient and outpatient consultation services as well as ongoing management of endocrinology disorders.
Comprehensive care that’s tailored to you
Our division is highly trusted by local primary care physicians who provide their patients with comprehensive care for the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine diseases and disorders. Through our inpatient and outpatient care facilities, we offer:
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of the thyroid
- Bone densitometry (osteoporosis testing)
- American Diabetes Association-accredited diabetes education program
- Nutritional counseling services
- State-of-the-art thyroid ultrasonography
As members of the nation’s third largest nonprofit, secular healthcare system, our team of experts work closely with other Northwell Health specialists for special consults as needed. These partnerships allow us to leverage skill, experience and leading-edge equipment in order to meet the unique needs of every individual patient.
Did you know that 86 million Americans are at a higher risk of having diabetes? Find out if your lifestyle puts you at risk and how you can prevent or delay type 2 diabetes by staying healthy.
Weight loss can benefit those with endocrine disorders and chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes. Find out if you're at risk for obesity and how managing your weight can improve your health.
If you're struggling with diabetes, we're here to help. We provide educational, social and emotional support for people affected by all types of diabetic conditions.
Honors and Awards
Our department is dedicated to excellence and helping our patients lead happy, healthy lives. We've been awarded the following for our work:
- National Committee for Quality Assurance for Diabetes Care: Bay Street Health Center
- National Committee for Quality Assurance for Diabetes Care: Brightwaters Internal Medicine
- National Committee for Quality Assurance for Diabetes Care: Division of Pediatric Endocrinology