For more than 35 years, Northwell Health At Home has provided skilled professional patient-centered care to meet your individual needs. Our team includes nurses and nurse practitioners, physical and occupational therapists, speech/language therapists, social workers and home health aides who work with you to provide the same caliber of care you expect in our hospital setting in the privacy of your own home.
Our home care services were recognized in the top 500 providers nationwide two years in a row by Homecare Elite. We serve more than 40,000 patients and conduct more than 360,000 home visits annually.
Services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans if your physician deems them medically necessary.
At Home specializes in caring for a number of acute and chronic conditions, including:
- Cancer – helping you manage your disease, medical treatment and any side effects
- COPD – helping you manage your condition and understand triggers
- Diabetes – helping you manage your conditions and lifestyle changes
- Heart failure – helping you manage your medical treatment and lifestyle changes
- High-risk pregnancy – helping you understand signs and symptoms of early labor during pregnancy, as well as breastfeeding and wound care support after birth
- Infusion – high-tech infusion services and specialized medications administered in the home
- Joint replacement – comprehensive rehabilitation services in the comfort of your home
- Pediatric conditions – specialized care for infants and young children
- Psychiatric conditions – full range of mental health services for both adult and geriatric patients
- Sickle cell disease – helping you monitor and understand your condition, while providing access to community resources
- Stroke – helping you monitor your condition and understand the recovery process
- Telehealth – interactive method of providing care and education to patients at home
Private Pay nursing agency
Northwell Health At Home aides provide the care, support and services you need to help maintain independence and offer relief to caregivers. A registered nurse will meet with you first and consult with your doctor to determine the appropriate level of care. The nurse will then plan a schedule to meet your needs–from a few hours a day to round-the-clock care from a trained home healthcare aide. Depending on your unique situation and needs, your aide can provide assistance with:
- Administering medication
- Escorting clients to doctor appointments
- Wound care and bandaging
- Helping with toileting and lifting
For clients needing additional assistance, the experience and caring professionals at Private Pay are here to help. A division of Northwell Health At Home, Private Pay provides personal care assistance, including:
- Light housekeeping
- Preparing healthy meals
- Hobbies and activities
VNA Home Health Services is now part of Northwell Health At Home aides. Servicing Westchester, Putnam, Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Nurses, therapists & social workers
The Northwell Health At Home is one of the largest home care agencies in New York State offering registered nurses, therapists (physical, occupational and speech/language) and social workers. Working closely with your doctor, our experienced nurses help you manage your condition and monitor your vital signs. They can also administer infusion therapy, which can be an effective treatment for pain management, infections and a variety of diseases and conditions. Our therapists help you recover after an illness, injury or accident, and our social workers help with emotional, environmental and social needs.
Hospice care provides an array of services to people with advanced illnesses, as well as their families, so that they may remain in the comfort of their own home or nursing home. If a patient needs more advanced symptom management, inpatient care is available in a hospice facility, where staff members are available 24/7 to respond to questions or concerns. We accept most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. For more information click here.
Our dedicated hospice team develops a personalized plan of care with the patient and their family, which may include the following services:
- Nursing visits
- Assistance with personal care by a hospice aide
- Medical care by a hospice physician or nurse practitioner
- Visits by a hospice volunteer
- Help securing medications, medical equipment and supplies
- Inpatient care
- Respite care
- Dietary counseling
- Emotional, spiritual and bereavement counseling
VNA of Hudson Valley is now part of Northwell Health At Home services.