Center for Tobacco Control - Our Services
Stop smoking classes
If you have returned to smoking, the Center for Tobacco Control can help. The center holds five-week stop smoking classes. Upcoming class start dates are:
- January 6, 2015
- February 10, 2015
- March 24, 2015
- April 28, 2015
- June 1, 2015
- July 7,2015
- August 11, 2015
- September 29, 2015
- November 3, 2015
Northwell Health Glen Cove Hospital
- January 7, 2015
This five-week intensive stop-smoking class emphasizes behavior changes and medication use. The class meets on Tuesday nights at 6pm. The class at Northwell Health Glen Cove Hospital meets on Wednesday afternoons at 12:00pm. Participants are encouraged to bring a family member or friend for support. Please call (516) 466-1980 to register.
- Smokers waste 10% of company time on "smoking rituals" every single day.
- Absenteeism rates for smokers are 50% higher than for nonsmokers.
- Health, life and disability insurance premiums for smokers are more costly.
- The workplace is an ideal environment in which to encourage smokers to quit.
- Maintenance costs are decreased when smoke, matches and butts are eliminated in facilities and company vehicles.
- The risk of fire is lower in smoke-free environments.
- Seventy percent of all current smokers express a desire to quit.
The Center for Tobacco Control can help your employees quit
- We can provide on-site Stop Smoking Classes.
- We have helped thousands of people on Long Island quit smoking. Our success rates are among the highest in the United States.
- Call the Center for Tobacco Control to discuss services and fees. (516) 466-1980.