When you learn that you have pancreatic cancer, you may feel scared, confused and unsure of what to do next. The specialists at the Northwell Health Pancreatic Cancer Center are here to guide you through the next steps and provide seamless care.
Each member of our multidisciplinary team is an expert in using the latest treatments and therapies to treat pancreatic cancer, and is dedicated to giving you the best outcome and quality of life possible, both during and after treatment.
Because every pancreatic cancer diagnosis is unique, our specialists constantly review their approach to ensure you are on the most effective path forward. They meet regularly at tumor board meetings, where they discuss individual pancreatic cancer cases and share ideas about the best course of action for treatment—giving you multiple insights from a highly trained group of experts in pancreatic cancer.
After being diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, Irv Pakula turned to our experts, who found a clinical trial that’s right for him.
Surgery was not an option for Toni Fabric’s pancreatic cancer, she was told. But that was before advances in treatment opened the way to surgery that left her with no signs of the disease.
Why choose us
We are a premier destination for pancreatic cancer care.
The Pancreatic Cancer Center treats hundreds of new pancreatic cancer cases each year, making us one of the busiest and largest centers in the New York metropolitan area. And with several convenient locations, we make it easy for you to access leading-edge treatments for pancreatic cancer close to home.
We offer specialized therapies and treatments.
- Advanced surgical techniques, like Whipple surgery—the most common surgical procedure for pancreatic cancer
- State-of-the-art medical oncology therapies and personalized care plans for every patient
- Duodenal sparing stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)—a highly precise radiation treatment that protects the bowels from radiation-induced toxicities
- Innovative clinical trials and research that study new chemotherapy drugs, radiation technologies and surgical approaches
- Palliation therapies that help reduce fatigue, alleviate pain and help our patients stay strong and independent
- A broad range of supportive care services for patients and families, which includes support groups, nutritional counseling, pain management and rehabilitation
- Genetic counseling for patients and families to evaluate hereditary risk for developing pancreatic cancer
We offer personalized support when you need it most.
Our caring team understands that coordinating treatment for pancreatic cancer can be stressful for you and your family. That’s why we provide a dedicated nurse practitioner navigator who helps each and every patient map out their entire care plan.
From initial consult to treatment and follow-up care, our navigator will be a single point of contact for you and your family as you focus on your health, reducing any barriers along the way and helping you access the care and resources you need.
Email [email protected] or call
(833) 762-7327 to speak with a nurse navigator today.
A multidisciplinary recommendation in just one day
We offer a weekly one-day clinic for select patients with known or suspected pancreatic cancer who could benefit from a multidisciplinary team review. On the morning of your clinic appointment, you will visit our imaging center if updated scans are needed. Next, one of our clinicians will perform a physical exam and ask about your medical history. Over the next couple hours the multidisciplinary team will meet to review your imaging scan, exam results and other information to develop a comprehensive and personalized treatment plan. During this time you will have the opportunity to meet with members of our nutritional counseling, social work and clinical trials teams. That afternoon, you will meet with our team of pancreatic cancer specialists to discuss your recommended treatment plan.