When you learn that you have pancreatic cancer, you may feel scared, confused and unsure of what to do next. The specialists at the Northwell Health Pancreatic Cancer Center are here to guide you through the next steps and provide seamless care.
Each member of our multidisciplinary team is an expert in using the latest treatments and therapies to treat pancreatic cancer, and is dedicated to giving you the best outcome and quality of life possible, both during and after treatment.
Our specialists include:
- Surgical oncologists—perform surgery to remove pancreatic tumors
- Medical oncologists—offer nonsurgical therapies like chemotherapy to treat pancreatic cancer
- Radiation oncologists—use advanced radiation therapies to treat pancreatic cancer
- Gastroenterologists—perform minimally invasive procedures to diagnose, stage and control symptoms and help with pain management
- Interventional radiologists—use image-guided technology to locate the tumor
- Pathologists—examine samples to determine the type of pancreatic cancer
- Endocrinologists—specialize in readjusting pancreatic hormone secretion
- Genetic counselors—test for hereditary risks of pancreatic cancer
- Social workers—provide individual and family counseling
- Nutritionists—offer nutrition assessments and counseling
- Pain management and palliation specialists—evaluate, treat and manage symptoms to improve a patient's quality of life
Because every pancreatic cancer diagnosis is unique, our specialists constantly review their approach to ensure you are on the most effective path forward. They meet regularly at tumor board meetings, where they discuss individual pancreatic cancer cases and share ideas about the best course of action for treatment—giving you multiple insights from a highly trained group of experts in pancreatic cancer.
Why choose us
We are a premier destination for pancreatic cancer care.
The Pancreatic Cancer Center treats hundreds of new pancreatic cancer cases each year, making us one of the busiest and largest centers in the New York metropolitan area. And with several convenient locations offered, we make it easy for you to access leading-edge treatments for pancreatic cancer close to home.
We offer specialized therapies and treatments.
- Advanced surgical techniques, like Whipple surgery—the most common surgical procedure for pancreatic cancer
- State-of-the-art medical oncology therapies and personalized care plans for every patient
- Duodenal sparing stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)—a highly precise radiation therapy treatment that protects the bowels from radiation-induced toxicities
- Innovative clinical trials and research that study new chemotherapy drugs, radiation technologies and surgical approaches
- Palliation therapies that help reduce fatigue, alleviate pain and help our patients stay strong and independent
- A broad range of supportive care services for patients and families, which includes support groups, nutritional counseling, pain management and rehabilitation
- Genetic counseling for patients and families to evaluate hereditary risk for developing pancreatic cancer
We offer personalized support when you need it most.
Our caring team understands that coordinating treatment for pancreatic cancer can be stressful for you and your family. That’s why we provide a dedicated nurse practitioner navigator who helps each and every patient map out their entire care plan.
From initial consult to treatment and follow-up care, our navigator will be a single point of contact for you and your family as you focus on your health, reducing any barriers along the way and helping you access the care and resources you need.
Email [email protected] or call
(833) 762-7327 to speak with a nurse navigator today.
We are leading the way in pancreatic cancer research.
We’re not just bringing our patients the latest advancements in the field—we’re helping create them. Our physicians lead innovative research studies and clinical trials, working hand-in-hand with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a nationally recognized nonprofit institution that has a tremendous history and reputation for cancer research. We aim to bring our patients the most leading-edge treatments available, including patient-derived 3D models of tumors (organoids) to test the effectiveness of various chemotherapy treatments.
Our pancreatic cancer experts were recruited from some of the finest institutions around the country and are internationally recognized for their skills and expertise. They lead global conferences, and panels, and write critical scientific literature that helps define the ever-evolving guidelines in pancreatic cancer care.