If you or a loved one is facing colon or rectal cancer, you may feel scared, confused and unsure of what to do next. The specialists at the Northwell Health Colorectal Cancer Center are here to guide you through the next steps and provide seamless, personalized care.
Our caring team is fully committed to meeting the unique needs of each patient who walks through our doors. We work closely with you and your family to understand your goals, values and preferences. Because you don’t just deserve the best care—you deserve care that’s right for you.
Renowned experts, working together for you
Our team of nationally recognized experts were recruited from some of the finest institutions around the country. They are trained in using the latest treatments and therapies for colorectal cancer, and dedicated to giving you the best outcome and quality of life possible, both during and after treatment.
Because every colorectal cancer diagnosis is unique, our experts constantly review their approach to ensure you are on the most effective path forward. They meet regularly at tumor board meetings to discuss individual cases and share ideas about the best course of action for treatment—giving you multiple insights from a highly trained group of experts in colorectal cancer.
Why choose us
The Colorectal Cancer Center isn't a single building you walk into. It’s a vast network that connects you to our world-class colorectal cancer specialists and many locations for care within Northwell Health. Our center provides access to the quality care and supportive resources you need, whenever you need them.
Specialized therapies and treatments
We have extensive expertise treating patients at all stages of colorectal cancer, from straightforward cases to the most complex. Our specialized therapies and treatments include:
- Advanced screening and diagnostic testing, such as colonoscopies and sigmoidoscopies
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery, and bowel-preserving procedures
- State-of-the-art medical oncology therapies, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapies
- Highly precise radiation therapy treatments, including 3D conformal radiation therapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- Genetic counseling for patients and families to evaluate hereditary risk for developing colorectal cancer
- Innovative clinical trials and studies that offer the newest research-backed therapies for colorectal cancer patients
- Palliation therapies that help reduce fatigue, alleviate pain and help our patients stay strong and independent
- A broad range of supportive care services for patients and families, which includes support groups, nutritional counseling and financial counseling
Guided care throughout your journey
At the Colorectal Cancer Center, we understand that coordinating care for colorectal cancer can be stressful for you and your family. That’s why we provide a dedicated nurse navigator who helps each and every patient map out their entire care plan.
From initial consult to treatment and follow-up care, our navigator will be a single point of contact for you and your family as you focus on your health, reducing any barriers along the way and helping you access the care and resources you need.