About the Cancer Institute at Huntington
We offer comprehensive array of cancer services, including medical oncology/hematology, radiation oncology, cancer surgery subspecialties, cancer infusion center, inpatient cancer unit, cancer navigation and a full range of screening and diagnostic imaging services.
Exceptional care for your cancer. Total care for you.
We recognize that there’s more to your health than your cancer diagnosis. That’s why our cancer specialists work closely with primary cancer physicians, cardiologists, endocrinologists and other specialists right here in your community. In addition, Northwell Health physicians and hospitals can access patient records to carefully coordinate your cancer treatment and manage any other conditions you may have.
A multidisciplinary team of specialists—working with you and for you
Our patients receive care from a team of specialists with expertise in diagnosing and treating cancer. Each care team meets weekly in tumor board meetings to discuss prospective diagnostic tests and treatment options for select cases—allowing for multiple informed second opinions from the combined recommendation of a diverse team. Together, your care team will develop a treatment plan to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Our board certified cancer specialists have been providing the highest level of quality cancer care since 1989. Our outstanding credentials and our superior commitment to personalized attention and compassionate care in a community setting have earned us a distinguished reputation among patients and referring physicians.
We’re backed by the resources of Northwell Health and the Northwell Health Cancer Institute, one of the largest cancer programs in the area. Our cancer experts are members of Northwell Health Physician Partners, a group of dedicated Northwell Health physicians who work together in over 100 specialties.
Our outstanding care has helped us stand out by earning us the following designations:
- Our nurses have received the prestigious Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center four times.
- We are an American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, a distinction awarded to teaching hospitals that meet the highest standards of quality and safety for minimally invasive surgery.
- We have a three-year accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) and have been accredited as a comprehensive Community Cancer Center since 1997.
- We have a three-year full accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and have been accredited since 2013. Accreditation by the NAPBC is awarded to centers that have committed to provide the highest of quality breast care and undergo a rigorous on-site evaluation and review of their record of performance.
Programs and services
Subspecialized surgical services
Our team of surgeons has collectively performed thousands of procedures, from minimally invasive surgeries to robot-assisted treatments for rare and complex tumors. They use specialized techniques and state-of-the-art technology to minimize recovery time, shorten hospital stays and maximize your path to wellness.
Surgical consultations take place at 270 Pulaski Road and 284 Pulaski Road in Greenlawn. Our specialists include:
- Breast surgery - (631) 423-1414
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery - (631) 390-7100
- Gynecologic oncology - (631) 376-0055 / (516) 562-4438
- Urology and urologic oncology - (631) 271-1608
- Thoracic surgery - (516) 918-4388
- Neurosurgery - (631) 351-4840 / (631) 651-4201
- Surgical oncology - (516) 487-9454 / (516) 487-7932
- Colorectal surgery (631) 470-1450
Hematology/medical oncology services
Our hematology and medical oncology services are located at 270 Pulaski Road in Greenlawn and include:
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted therapy treatments
- Support groups
- Patient education programs
Our hematology and medical oncology specialists:
For hematology and medical oncology appointments, please call: (631) 427-6060
North Shore Radiation Therapy
Our radiation therapy services are located at 270 Pulaski Road in Greenlawn and include:
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- 3-dimensional conformal radiation therapy
- RapidArc radiation therapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- High dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- CyberKnife Radiosurgery System
Our radiation oncology specialists:
For radiation therapy appointments, please call: (631) 427-2273
Don Monti Cancer Center
The Huntington Hospital Don Monti Cancer Center is located on the first floor of Huntington Hospital (270 Park Avenue in Huntington). The center is a 20-bed inpatient unit for cancer patients that need specialized care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have a beautiful outdoor veranda for family meetings and enjoyment, as well as facilities for a family member to spend the night to be with their loved one. We also have two patient-friendly lounges with access to computers, a book library and televisions.
Cancer patients in the community who require surgery or hospitalization can get the specialized care they need from our dedicated oncology nursing team. 100 percent of our oncology nurses are certified to administer chemotherapy/biotherapy and immunotherapy, and more than 40 percent of our oncology nurses are certified by the Oncology Nursing Society as Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN).
Outpatient cancer services are also available, including blood transfusions, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and antibiotics. Cancer patient navigation is provided by two nurse navigators to guide cancer patients through the complexities of the health care system, from making appointments to providing education and support for the patient and their family throughout the treatment process.
To make an appointment at Don Monti Cancer Center or to learn more, please call (631) 351-2568
Related services nearby:
Specialized cancer support services
Huntington Hospital and Dolan Family Health Center offer nurse navigation, nutritional counseling, social work and complementary therapy services for our patients, as well as a range of cancer screenings and cancer support groups for the community. The Dolan Family health Center provides primary care services to Huntington’s medically underserved and is focused on care coordination and patient navigation.
Cancer patients in need of emergency care can visit Huntington Hospital’s 28,000 square foot Emergency Department. Those with compromised immune systems can move quickly to a more private area.
To learn more about support services at Huntington Hospital and Dolan Family Health Center, please call (631) 351-2568.