The Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Treatment Program (IPRT) at Zucker Hillside Hospital is a community-based mental health service regulated and certified by the New York State Office of Mental Health. Our program is intended for individuals with psychiatric disabilities who want assistance in making a change in some major area of their life: finding a job, going to school, getting vocational training, finding a better place to live or finding something meaningful to do with their time. We assist adults and adolescents in choosing, achieving and keeping their goals.
IPRT helps individuals with psychiatric disabilities to achieve their personal goals through:
- Group activities and classroom-like experiences
- Individual and group counseling
- Supervised individual projects
- Skills training and resource development
- Referrals to specialized resources and services
Orientation and pre-referral visit
We offer a free orientation and pre-referral visit to those interested in the program. These provide excellent opportunities for prospective participants to evaluate whether IPRT will be useful for them before going through the formal referral process. A completed referral packet is not required for either the orientation or the pre-referral visit. Orientations are conducted every Monday at 1pm at the IPRT program site.
All patients admitted to the IPRT Program must have:
- A referral by licensed mental health professional
- A DSM-5 diagnosis of mental disorder
- Symptom stability (patients do not have to be symptom-free to work on goals)
- Rehabilitation readiness as determined collaboratively with the participant
A typical participant’s program can involve attending the program three to five days per week for about four hours per day. This schedule is often reduced over time to permit the participant to apply skills they learn in IPRT to their activities outside the program as they progress toward goals. The participant’s interest and willingness to make a change is integral to this process.
The program operates Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Optional Saturday hours are offered twice per month.
Insurance and payment
- Private insurance
- Private pay