Office of Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs at Northwell Health offers support services to residents, fellows, faculty and medical students participating in medical education on the health system campuses. The office acts as a resource to facilitate recruitment, retention and advancement of medical professionals across all departments, institutes and centers. Academic Affairs also sponsors educational programs and forums and circulates medical education information.
Services provided by the Office of Academic Affairs include:
- Coordinates the educational committees including the Graduate Medical Education Committee and the Medical Education Executive Committee.
- Serves as a liaison between the Health System and the various accreditation agencies including the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the Commission of Dental Medical Education, the American Osteopathic Association and the Council of Podiatric Medical Education as well as many other sub-specialty organizations.
- Serves as a liaison between the Health System and various local, state and federal regulatory agencies overseeing medical education.
- Conducts periodic internal audits for all accredited and independent graduate medical education programs.
- Monitors the annual initial and re-appointment process for house staff throughout the Health System.
- Sponsors a variety of house staff, medical student and faculty education programs.
- Responsible for the development of graduate and undergraduate medical education programs.
- Conducts the Health System's annual House Staff Orientation.
- Facilitates medical student town hall meetings.
- Supports the Health System House Staff Forum.
- Advocates for issues important to the house staff.
Andrew Yacht, MD
- Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer,
Associate Professor of Medicine and Associate Dean, Graduate Medical Education,
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- view full profile