Cozy up with a warm bowl of Vegetable Stew and you’ll be glad to participate in Meatless Monday.
- 3 cups, water
- 1 cube, low-sodium vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups, white potatoes (cut into 2-inch strips)
- 2 cups, carrot (sliced)
- 4 cups, squash (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 cup, squash (cut into 4 chunks)
- 1 15oz. can, corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tsp., thyme
- 2 garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 green onion stalk (chopped)
- 1/2 small green chile pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup, onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup, fresh tomato (diced)
- Put water and bouillon in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for tomatoes, and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and puree in blender.
- Return pureed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.
Recipe, courtesy of the USDA.