Focus onHealth, a TV news magazine, debuts this Saturday on WLNY-TV 55/10.
The inaugural episode of the new series explores four words no one wants to hear: “You have breast cancer.” It includes interviews with physicians, researchers and patients who share their powerful stories of survival. The series will also cover diabetes, healthcare reform, behavioral health, cardiology, veterans’ programs, adolescent services, neurology, infection prevention and eating well on a budget.
Each 30-minute Focus onHealth show includes three segments that focus on one theme. Hosted by Suzanne Steinbaum, DO, a Lenox Hill Hospital cardiologist, and produced by North Shore-LIJ’s Public Relations Department, the show will air Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for 13 weeks. An encore run follows in the spring.
Watch Focus onHealth on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710;
- TimeWarner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey;
- Verizon-FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510;
- RCN channel 14 (SD);
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810;
- DirecTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55; and
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD).
- For cable non-subscribers, see broadcasts on Channel 55 WLNY .