GREAT NECK, NY – Sports can be taxing on a person’s body. From injuries to congenital issues that come to the surface after strenuous exercising, the athletes featured in this week’s Focus onHealth went through great lengths to return to the sports they love.
The episode, which is airing Saturday, January 30, 2016, at 10:30 a.m. on WLNY, shows the importance of pre-sports physical check-ups, listening to your body and following your dreams. Among those featured are Dr. Shahed Quraishi, director of pediatric cardiology at Staten Island University Hospital, and Dr. Matthew Hepinstall, orthopedic surgeon at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.