GREAT NECK, NY – Through the hard work of medical researchers and physicians, new treatments and cures for many ailments are being developed every day. In this week’s Focus onHealth, airing on Saturday, January 9, at 10:30 a.m. on WLNY-TV, get an inside glimpse into how teams collaborate to find the best ways to treat diseases such as brain tumors, lung cancer and heart failure.
This episode features Northwell Health physicians and researchers Dr. John Boockvar, co-director of the Brain Tumor Biotech Center at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research; Dr. Marc Symons, co-director of the Brain Tumor Biotech Center; Dr. Renee Pekmezaris, vice president of health and health services research at Northwell Health; Dr. Thomas Rothstein, head of the Center for Oncology and Cell Biology at the Feinstein Institute; and Dr. Nichol Holodick, scientist at the Feinstein.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.