Exercise is a key part of any healthy lifestyle. As we grow older—and with that, more prone to injury and disease—regular activity becomes especially critical for maintaining optimal health.
To help promote wellness at any age, experts from Lenox Health Greenwich Village will host a free seminar on staying active and injury free. The event will take place on Thursday, June 7 from 7:00PM to 8:00PM at the Lenox Health Greenwich Village Community Center -- 200 West 13th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10011.
The seminar, “Common Athletic Injuries in the Active Senior,” will explore topics such as:
- Emerging trends in orthopedics, like stem cells and platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Achilles tendon injuries—causes, prevention and treatment
- Common shoulder injuries in the older athlete
- Injury prevention tips for the weekend warrior
And feature expertise from the following leaders in sports medicine and orthopedics:
- Peter D. McCann, MD, Orthopedic surgeon
- Daniel L. Seidman, MD, Orthopedic surgeon
- Etan P. Sugarman, MD, Orthopedic surgeon
- Michael A. Zacchilli, MD, Orthopedic surgeon
Snacks and light refreshments will be served.
To register for the free seminar, click here or call (855) 544-1250.
# # #
About Lenox Hill Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital, a member of Northwell Health, is a 652-bed, fully accredited, acute care hospital located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a national reputation for outstanding patient care and innovative medical and surgical treatments. US News & World Report has ranked the hospital among the top 10 hospitals in the state of New York with a total of five “high performing” designations for its clinical performance in Cancer Care, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Orthopaedics and Urology. For more information, go to www.lenoxhillhospital.org.