As we age, it’s important to know how to care for your spine, maintain flexibility and to stay as active as possible. However, back pain and other spinal conditions are common among older adults, which is why experts from Northwell Health’s Orthopaedic Institute will offer a free seminar about a range of back issues, treatments as well as prevention tips. The event will be held Thursday, May 18 from 7-9 p.m. at the Clinton G. Martin Park Community Center, New Hyde Park Rd., New Hyde Park, NY 11042
The seminar, “An Overview of Spine Health: Maintaining a Healthy Back,” will cover:
- How to care for your aging spine
- Surgical options and when they are necessary
- Common low back degenerative conditions
- Nonsurgical treatments for back pain
- Techniques for proper posture and lifting
- Spine-specific exercises
Snacks and light refreshments will be served.
To register for the free community orthopaedic seminar, call 844-91-ORTHO (6-7846) or online at Northwell.edu/LIJspine.