Back pain is one of the most common orthopaedic conditions in adults, but it can be treated and prevented with proper care. To help educate the community, experts from Northwell Health’s Orthopaedic Institute will offer a free seminar about a range of back issues, treatments and wellness and prevention. The event will be held Thursday, May 4 from 7-9 p.m. at the YMCA Boulton Center for the Performing Arts, 37 West Main St., Bay Shore, NY 11706.
The seminar, “Caring for the Spine: Treating and Preventing Back Pain,” will cover:
- Ailments that lead to back surgery
- Common procedures for various back conditions
- Tips for prevention and wellness
- Common causes of neck and back pain and their treatments
- The role of physical therapists in a care team
- Core stability and its role in preventing back pain
The following Northwell Health experts will present the seminar:
Snacks and light refreshments will be served.
To register for the free community orthopaedic seminar, call 844-91-ORTHO (6-7846) or online at Northwell.edu/southsidespine.
# # #