Enjoy inspiring stories plus health and wellness news in the latest edition of Look North, brought to you by North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. Highlights include:
Ties That Bind
- A heart abnormality made childbirth risky for a child psychologist, but her dream became reality with help from a Katz Women's Hospital specialist.
- When an infant son showed signs of distress, his parents' insistence on care at Cohen Children's Medical Center saved his life.
- The Perinatal Hospice Program helps families navigate grief and find moments of joy.
- Tips for showing support, plus resources for those struggling with the loss or severe illness of a child.
Moving on After a Health Crisis
- A cancer diagnosis and inspiration from her doctor motivated a college professor to change her life.
- A veteran faces forward with help from the Supportive Oncology and Pain Management Center.
- A herniated disc was just a bump in the road for an avid jogger, thanks to a tuned-in spine specialist and a course in physical therapy.
Elite Emergency Treatment
- North Shore University Hospital's trauma specialists treated severe, complex injuries to save a Bayville woman after a boating accident.
- A Manhattan attorney was ready to hop on a train, but sudden cardiac arrest put him on a helicopter bound for North Shore University Hospital.
Continuity of Care