GREAT NECK, NY – Like the popular phrase says, 'You are what you eat.' But what is that exactly? We may broadly know the names of the fruits, vegetables and grains we consume, but we do really know where they come from and what chemicals they include?
This week’s Focus onHealth, airing on Saturday, January 2, at 10:30 a.m., will give people some insight into the grains and vegetables they consume.
Focus onHealth host Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum goes behind the scenes to see how white and whole wheat flour is made as well as how an organic farm functions.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.