GREAT NECK, NY – Physicians, nurses and other medical professionals have a great responsibility to care for their patients, but some take that a step further by travelling to remote locations to care for people who might not otherwise get the proper medical attention.
That’s the focus of this week’s Focus onHealth, to air on Saturday, December 26, at 10:30 a.m. on WLNY-TV. This week’s episode focuses on the medical missions and other voluntary clinical aid provided by Orlando Begonia, administrator of operations at North Shore University Hospital (NSUH) in Manhasset; Lindsey Hallen, RN, emergency department nurse at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan; Andrew Jacono, MD, section head of plastic and facial reconstructive surgery at NSUH; William Onyebeke, MD, ob/gyn physician at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore; Ebikaboeke Youkedebah, medical resident at Southside; and Camille Timmons, RN, cardiac nurse at Southside.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.