GREAT NECK, NY -- This week’s Focus onHealth, which will air Saturday at 10:30 a.m. on WLNY-TV, will feature stories about the intersection of health care, religion and culture. While clinicians can take important steps to heal patients physically, their mental, emotional and spiritual well-being are also key to keeping people well and whole.
The North Shore-LIJ employees featured in this episode include: Sven Gierlinger, Chief Experience Office, North Shore-LIJ Health System; Jon Overvold, Director, Chaplaincy Services, North Shore-LIJ Health SystemRabbi Daniel Coleman, Chaplain, North Shore University Hospital; Sadia Ahmed, Clinical Pastoral Education Resident; Daniel Kennelly, Chaplain,LIJ Medical Center; George Teachey, Chaplain, LIJ Medical Center; Abraham Axelrud, Chaplain, LIJ Medical Center; Bernadette Amitrano, Nurse Manager, MICU, LIJ Medical Center; Dr. Gregory Kapinos, Neurointensivist, North Shore University Hospital; and Rev. Jongmi Bae, Manager, Chaplaincy Education, North Shore-LIJ Health System.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
For more information on the Focus onHealth TV show, including to see past episodes, go to https://www.northshorelij.com/search?keywords=focus+onhealth.