GREAT NECK, NY – They’ve become buzz words lately – holistic medicine, reiki, aromatherapy – but what do these things mean for your health? Could these and other treatments be beneficial to your health? Focus onHealth explores these areas and more in this week’s episode airing on Saturday, December 19, 2015, at 10:30 a.m.
Physicians, nurses and scientists from throughout the North Shore-LIJ Health System will explain the various kinds of holistic medicine and their effects. Among those featured are: Robert Graham, MD, integrative medicine specialist at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan; Kathyann O’Malley, RN, integrative and holistic nurse at LIJ Medical Center in New Hyde Park; Fred Fedoronko, a biomedical engineer at LIJ; Christine Eaches, RN, cardiac service nurse at Huntington Hospital; Nancy Mishanie, RN, holistic therapy nurse at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset; Kathleen O’Kane, RN, holistic nurse at Cohen Children’s Medical Center in New Hyde Park; Kenneth Spaeth, MD, chief of occupational and environmental medicine at North Shore-LIJ; and Haichao Wang, MD, research scientist at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research in Manhasset.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.