GREAT NECK, NY – When we think of mysteries, it might conjure images of Sherlock Holmes and magnifying glasses, but medical mysteries are quite different. Solving them involves a vast team of health care practitioners, researchers and experts in diagnostic imaging.
This week’s Focus onHealth TV episode, which will air on Saturday, December 5, at 10:30 a.m. on WLNY, takes a look at mysterious cases involving some very special patients, whose lives were saved by Peter Constantino, MD, executive director of the New York Head & Neck Institute in Manhattan; John Boockvar, MD, director of the brain tumor center and pituitary/neuroendocrine center at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan; David Meyer, MD, attending cardiothoracic surgeon at Cohen Children’s Medical Center in New Hyde Park; and Mitchell Maiman, MD, chairman of obstetrics and gynecology at Staten Island University Hospital.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.