Features include inspirational stories of patient journeys and advancements that consistently place Cohen Children's among the nation's best children's hospitals, such as:
Lifelines at the Bedside
- Sara, a bone cancer survivor, discovered that Cohen Children's nurses are ports in the storm during trying times.
Targeting a Foe
- MIBG therapy can give precious time to children with high-risk neuroblastoma, so a local couple is working to establish a program at Cohen Children's to honor their daughter's memory.
Home Away from Home
- When Michael's cancer treatment required an extended hospital stay, his family found a nurturing environment at Ronald McDonald House of Long Island.
New Solution for Kids with Blood Disorders
- Tyler received a lifesaving stem cell transplant from a half-matched donor--his mother.
- Kids with blood disorders have a new ally against graft-versus-host disease, thanks to a methodolgy developed by a Cohen Children's hematologist/oncologist.
- Imaging equipment can look imposing to some children, so Cohen Children's new Pediatric Imaging Unit has staff and tools to help relieve their worries.
- The quick decision to take a 12-day-old boy to Cohen Children's Emergency Department saved the baby's life.
- Kids with cancer are getting special help to keep smiling via a partnership between Cohen Children's and the Henry Schein Cares Foundation.
Read the Fall 2016 issue of Kids First.