GREAT NECK, NY – Are you thinking about a career change or are you just getting started in the work world? Do you ever wonder what it’s like to work in healthcare, one of the fastest growing industries in America? If you do, or are just interested in the behind-the-scenes reality of what it’s like to be a medical researcher, pediatric surgeon or paramedic, you’ll want to catch this week’s episode of Focus onHealth, airing on Saturday, January 16, at 10:30 a.m. on WLNY-TV.
You’ll spend up-close and behind-the-scenes time as you take flight with paramedic Amen Alhadi, of Northwell Health’s helicopter emergency program, SkyHealth; listen for the beginnings of childhood disease through the stethoscope of Lee Smith, MD, pediatric otolaryngologist at the highly ranked Cohen Children’s Medical Center and look through the microscope of Feinstein Institute medical investigator Christine Metz, MD, to help uncover tomorrow’s cures. Learn about the changing face of health care careers in a fascinating and fast-paced 30-minutes that Focuses onHealth careers.
Focus onHealth is carried by most cable and satellite TV providers in the New York area. WLNY-TV can be accessed on:
- Cablevision channel 10 (standard definition-SD) in New York and New Jersey, channel 15 (SD) in Connecticut and high-definition (HD) channel 710
- Time Warner channel 55 (SD), HD channel 755 in the five boroughs, HD channel 755 in the Hudson Valley and HD channel 753 in New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 510
- RCN channel 14 (SD)
- Comcast channel 10 (SD) and HD channel 810
- DIRECTV channel 55 (SD) and HD channel 55
- Dish Network channel 55 (SD)
Non-cable subscribers can also access WLNY over the air on channel 55.
To see past episodes of Focus onHealth TV, click here.