Northwell Health's Health Home (for children) is a New York State Medicaid care coordination program that provides access to medical, mental health, substance abuse, social and family support services to children who need them. Health Home services are free to those who qualify. Becoming a member is your choice. Your Medicaid and social service benefits will not change.
As a member of our Health Home, you will receive:
- A resource coordinator to help you set health goals, coordinate care and treatment, and provide education and tools to help you manage your child’s health
- Assistance with making appointments with doctors and other healthcare providers
- Help with transportation to and from medical appointments
- Help with connecting to social services programs
- Referrals to specialists
- Access to a 24-hour call center to answer your healthcare questions, so you are never alone
How the program works
You will be assigned a resource coordinator who will help you access the health services your child needs. Your resource coordinator will connect with your child’s healthcare providers to coordinate the care and treatments that are best. In addition, your Health Home team may include care managers, outreach specialists, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, physical therapists, school personnel, community members, and/or family members who you feel can assist in your child’s personal goals and growth.
How to get started
To be eligible, the patient must be enrolled in Medicaid, be under 21 years of age, and have two or more chronic conditions or one single qualifying condition, such as HIV/AIDS, serious emotional disturbance, or complex trauma. Health Home services are free. For more information or to schedule an appointment with a member of our staff, call (888) 680-6501.